Monday, December 18, 2006

The day we born

I’ve learned something new on my cousins birthday (December 17). Maybe there are some of you who have done this but there are still a number of you who haven’t done it. While I was having my dinner with my cousins and relatives, she told me that she will usually buy a present for her mom on her own birthday. I was quite puzzled with her answer because as most of us nowadays would think that, a birthday person would receive presents from our parents and friends. Thus I asked her the reason for it. Her answer is just so simple that most of us don’t realize it. According to her “Our birthday is the day where our mother suffers the most as they endure hours of labor pain during giving birth to us on the day we were born. Therefore I would present her with a gift to show my gratitude for giving birth to me and cared for me since I was born’. With her simple answer, it just let me realized that how many of us are doing this for our parents on our birthday and to think of it,my mom suffer the pain of giving birth to twins ME and my bro.

No comments: